Midrand Chapel acknowledges that parents have been charged with the primary responsibility to disciple their children (Deut 6:4-9; Eph 6:4). As such, our children's ministry aims to help and complement parents in this vital task. We seek to follow the example of the Lord Jesus, who showed special care and concern for children in His ministry, even though they are often overlooked and undermined by society at large (Mk 10:13-16).
Our Sunday school ministry provides a structured program of worship, small groups, memory verses and prayer. We strive to provide instruction at a level appropriate to the various ages and developmental stages of children.
- Who: We provide Sunday School for children from 5-12 years of age.
- When: We meet after church, 10:30-11:30 am (while the adults are in Sunday Seminary)
- What: Sunday school lessons are structured in blocks alternating between Bible survey and doctrine. We make use of the "Generations of Grace" curriculum (a sample lesson can be viewed here: ( Generations of Grace - Sample Lesson ) which surveys the major books of the Old and New Testament in a God-centered, Gospel-centered, and thoroughly biblical fashion.
For more information about children's ministry please contact the church office ( Contact Us ) that you might be directed to the appropriate person
Teenage years are years of unique challenge and change. During these years young people will crystallize their identity, goals, values, careers, friendships and faith. Midrand Chapel therefore has a ministry focused on teenagers to help them maintain positive relationships with their parents, develop Christ-centered friendships, and lay a solid biblical and theological foundation for their developing faith.
- Who: School children age 13-18
- When: Friday evenings, 6:30-8:30 pm. Social events and ministry outreaches are planned outside of these times
- What: A structured program is provided, of games, worship, fellowship, teaching, prayer and small groups. The emphasis is on providing solid biblical instruction which addressed issues of relevance to youth in our culture and environment.
For more information about our youth ministry please contact the church office ( Contact Us ) so that you can be directed to the appropriate person.
Midrand Chapel offers 2 courses to help parents in their task of raising children in the "training and instruction of the Lord" (Eph 6:4). Both courses are designed to be both biblical and practical, with each lesson being based on a key passage of Scripture:
You may freely download and use the course materials below without modification. Should you wish to modify them, please contact us so that we can also benefit from any positive changes you make. Teachers notes are available upon request as well.
Tools of the Trade (TOTS) -specifically for parenting children age 1-12: TOTS_Class Notes
Training our Teens (TOTS2) - specifically for parenting teenagers: TOTS2_Class Notes
Midrand Chapel has drawn up guidelines of how children and young people entrusted to our care should be treated. These have been approved by the elders and are to be used for the safety of children, the instruction of workers and the protection of the organization.
The nurturing of children and young people entrusted to our care is of fundamental importance to Midrand Chapel. Our church must be a place of stability for children and young people where they are free to be open and feel safe. This is what the Child Protection Policy addresses. It has also taken consideration of the principles in line with the new Children’s Act (No. 38 of 2005) as Amended, the African Children’s Charter and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The intention of the Framework is not prescriptive, but aims to guide and ensure that the children’s needs are assessed and that they and their families are actively engaged in the continuing care process.